Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the traditional food, sharing a meal, and connecting with family.

For the past several years, we haven't really been able to celebrate it as much as I would like. When we first moved to Las Vegas, we didn't know very many people, and we've spent the holiday either working, or making way too much food for two people.

But this year was awesome. We came out to Los Angeles to celebrate with my brother and his wife, who cooked up a feast. Surprisingly, I wasn't on kitchen duty, but I did supply wine and desserts. It's nice to have someone else do the cooking every once in a while, and Kristine did a great job.

After dinner, we relaxed and watched a movie, then took a walk down to the beach and had some cocktails at a local bar.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. I've been really fortunate, and I've been able to do a lot of traveling and had some amazing experiences. I have a great family, and I have so much more to look forward to next year with Basque Stage.

There were some rough times too; the death of my grandmother was a major blow to me, but if she were here now, I'm sure she'd be really proud.

I hope everyone else had as wonderful a holiday as I did.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment